Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Basic Ball

Here is a pattern for the basic crocheted ball. I used this ball pattern for several of my patterns so I thought I'd post it seperately also.

1. Create a magic ring and sc 6 sts into ring. Or ch 2, crochet 2 into the 2nd ch from the hook. (total 6 sc)
2. 2 sc in each sc; repeat until you get 12 sc
3. 2 sc in next sc, 1 sc in next sc; repeat until you get 18 sc
4. 2 sc in next sc, 1 sc in next 2 sc; repeat until you get 24 sc
5-8. 1 sc into each sc.
9. sc2tog, 1 sc into next 2 sc; repeat until you get 18
10. sc2tog, 1 sc into next sc; repeat until you get 12
Take time to stuff ball now
11. sc2tog; repeat until you get 6.
Tie off leaving a long piece of yarn. Use yarn needle as pull 6 stitches together, tie off and finish.

Personally I don't like to see polyfil through my crochet efforts so often I stuff my creations with the same yarn or matching yarn. If I'm using a cheap yarn, I just use that yarn, if I'm using a more expensive yarn, I will find a yarn that matches.

I use this basic shape for several of my creations.

No comments: