Here are the acorn ornaments I made this week for the Thanksgiving Tree.
They were pretty quick to make. And they turned out way better than I thought they would.
Here is the pattern:
1. Create a magic ring and sc 6 sts into ring. Or ch 2, crochet 2 into the 2nd ch from the hook. (total 6 sc)
2. 2 sc in each sc; repeat until you get 12 sc
3. 2 sc in next sc, 1 sc in next sc; repeat until you get 18 sc
4. 2 sc in next sc, 1 sc in next 2 sc; repeat until you get 24 sc
5. 1 sc in next sc repeat for 24 sc6. sc2tog, 1 sc into next sc; repeat until you get 18
That's it for the cap. Then you just create a pompom much bigger than you need and shape it down to the right acorn nut shape.