Friday, January 8, 2010

Goody Bags

Well I decided to use up some of my fabric stash and make the goody bags for my 9 year old's birthday party this year. I wanted to do something different and I didn't want to give the kids just junk.

I found this pattern:
http://mylittlemochi.typepad.com/my_little_mochi/2005/05/origami_pocket_.html
And thought I'd give it a try. The bag ended up being too small but it was cute:

Photobucket

Photobucket

So I made them using a 16X16 inch square in stead of the 12X12 the pattern called for. The finished product is about 7 inches wide with this size.

I also made tissue holders and tic tac toe games and small drawstring bags to house them and the pieces. Then I stuffed them with left over party stuffers I have from years past. All I bought to finish these bags were ribbon, game pieces, tissue packets (all 3 of these from the dollar store) and some smarties candy. I ended up making 17 of them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

bopeep said...

I Love your blog......all the bags are soooooo cute.....
Prayers, Bo

rnjenny1 said...

I love the things you make, really cool, I like reading your stuff

BlueCherryFaerie said...

Thanks so much!!