Friday, January 8, 2010

More Gift Bags

I've been working on different patterns for gift bags. I don't want just plain rectangle bags. I want pretty bags that I'm happy to use year to year. Here are my latest bags.....

Ornament Shaped bags:
The first bag I made is the one on the bottom. I used hook and loop tape for the closure on it. The top bag was made with drawstrings and was the second bag I made.

Photobucket

I'm still tweaking the pattern. Here they are with the drawstring closed and the other open so you can see the hook and loop.

Photobucket

Here is another using the same pattern after I tweaked the stripe part of the pattern:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is the second ornament pattern I've come up with so far:
Photobucket

Photobucket

I like the way they have turned out so far. I'm still tweaking the pattern. I'm actually thinking of writing up this pattern to sell but we will see if I get around to it.

And last but not least are the other snowmen bags that I finished.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Regina said...

These are adorable -but it is hard to tell from the photos how large they are? Are they for bigger gifts- or tiny for small things?

And I love the drop shaped one - very elegant! I hope you decide to do the tutorial -that would be wonderful!

BlueCherryFaerie said...

The ornament bags are larger Gift bags, or should I say a book medium size. The can hold packages of Action figures, Cars, narrow Doll packages, etc. The opening for the ornament bags are about 6 1/2 inches. The round ball bags are about 13 inches long. The other ornament bag is longer. I'm not sure I'll make a tutorial for these because I'm thinking of creating a pattern to sell on etsy.com