Monday, May 22, 2023

Well, we had yet more weird/bad/crappy life.  So I got a divorce last year.  I had to go back to work after being a stay-at-home wife for almost 25 years.  Jumping back into the job force has been a learning curve.  I've had my ups and down over the last year since the divorce but I'm starting to stabilize. I have been struggling with Social Security benefits for my son who has autism.  Can you believe my youngest is 20 years old now?  I did luck out and get a job at my favorite local game store... Ettin Games in Humble, TX.
  My boss hired me without an interview.  He knew that I was very knowledgeable about games and painting miniatures.  It was a really nice to have that confidence booster after my marriage disaster.  So lately my life has been dealing with SSI, looking into getting food stamps for Gavin and working.  I'm trying to get back a bit of my old self by working outside again.  I'm sure that its not surprising that I fell into depression because of what was going on in my life.  I have a pretty good doc and we have been working on settling things.  I feel more like my old self all the time though it is easy to get back to that depressed girl that just wants to read books and do nothing else.  I have been watching to many bad youtube videos as well lately.  I am thinking of creating a new youtube channel about what I'm doing at work and home.  I've been doing small videos that I dub Softcore Gambling with Cherry.  They have been fun and have turned out well. I want to do these more often and on my own channel.  I also want to start doing creative things again.  I just haven't done that lately either.  It's been hard to even think creatively for a while.  I do have moments where I will work on things here and there. Its a slow process to find myself again.  To find who I am now.  The last time I was single, I was 15 years old.  I am 49 now.  That's a long dang time to be with one person.  You develop a couple personality.  I need to find who I am now.  I need to find my strengths.  Work on my weaknesses, etc.  I am doing much better that I was last year, I'm not as broken.  Well right now I'm leaving this post with a few links to Ettin's Social Media to show support for where I work.

Website:  Ettin Games
Youtube:  Ettin's Youtube
Meetup:  Ettin's Meetup  - this is where you can go to sign up for events
Instagram:  Ettin's Instagram

No comments: